Tuesday, 14 August 2012

I know what it’s like

I know what it’s like
to be lonely, hurt and abused
I know what it’s like
to be spat on, be falsely accused

I know what it’s like
to be rejected and heart broken
I know what it’s like
to mourn love ones that have been taken
I know what it’s like
to be tempted to sin
I know what it’s like
to have victory, to win
I know what it’s like
I have borne it all
The grief, the sorrow, the sicknesses
The pain of the world

I know what it’s like
It was for you I suffered

Was beaten, spat on, hung on a cross
Died and rose again, just to save the lost

I know what it’s like
Hold on my child

One day it will all be over
It’s only a matter of time

Inspired by: Isaiah 53


1 comment:

  1. Very encouraging poem Caroline, truly sin will take you further than you want to go and keep you longer than you plan to. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete