Thursday, 9 August 2012

Kneeling in your Footstep

Kneeling in your footstep
Here is my hiding place
You have thought me to be silent
To be still and know that You are God
 
Kneeling in your footstep
You have given me rest
As I am resting you are tarrying with me
Teaching me; strengthening me
Giving me a word
Of faith, of courage, of hope to carry on
 
Kneeling in your footstep
You have humbled me
Thought me to serve
Recognizing your work in me; daily
I’m filled with wonder
Gratitude, certainty and joy
 
Kneeling in your footstep
Peace over flows
My heart, my spirit
My very soul
 
Fearing nothing and no man
For you walk before me
Leading the way on this journey
You cause me to understand all things
Calling those things that are not
As though they are
 
Kneeling in your footstep
You thought me to love
Standing in your footstep
I dare not turn away
From all the things you have thought me
For they lightened my way
 
Kneeling in your footstep
There is where I always want to be
Leading me in your footstep
To my home in eternity


No comments:

Post a Comment