Thursday, 4 July 2013

Not For Christians Only

Then Peter opened his mouth, and said
Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons
But in every Nation he who fears Him, and works righteousness,
is accepted with Him
The Acts 10:34, 35

Not For Christians Only

The other day as I was walking in Hackney, a young lady approached me and attempt to hand me something.
She said:”miss can I give you this?”
So I asked: “what is it?”
Where too she replied:”You are a Christian, right?”
So I then said:”Yes I am”
Then she said:”well then here you go, hope to see you one day”.

I took that which she handed me. It was a track that read “where will you spend eternity” and then an invitation to attend her church with the church details and such on it.
As I walked away I started to wonder why she asked me “you are a Christian, right?” If I had not been would she still have given me the track; or is she handing them out to Christians only (or people that she thinks are Christians).

The Bible teaches us in Acts chapter 10 and 11 that the Gospel is not only for Christians; but for all.
The Lord give Peter an object lesson, proclaiming the fact that what He did on the Cross was for the Gentile world as well as the Jewish world.

Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks (the gospel is the same for all), repentance toward God, and Faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. (Faith in Christ pertains to Faith in what He did at the Cross). Acts 20:21

The Gospel; Not for Christians only!

No comments:

Post a Comment