Monday, 16 July 2012


And if ye go to war in your land against the enemy that oppresseth you, then ye shall blow an alarm with the trumpets; and ye shall be remembered before the LORD your God and ye shall be saved from your enemies.
Numbers 10:9

Blowing your trumpets


One night I had a dream. I was back at home; in the home where I grew up; with my husband, son, mum and all my brothers and sisters. It was night time. Micah and all the other children were asleep. Then one of my brothers said “the coyotes are coming”. I didn’t know what he meant by that but everyone starting panicking. I can suddenly hear howling sounds and the neighbours screaming. I quickly ran and locked the doors and all entrances of the house. But my brother said “that won’t work they will just break the doors down”.
Then there appeared in the doorway some coyotes, looking fierce and hungry. We were all standing in the living room panicked and scared not knowing what to do. Then I said “don’t we have weapons to fight these things; knives or guns or something sharp?”
Suddenly I heard a voice say “sing, just sing psalms of praise”.
So I began to sing Psalm 100. “Hallelujah, glory hallelujah, praise God”. And everyone else joined in. We all started dancing and singing louder, praising God. Suddenly the coyotes that were in the doorway turned into men (or like men). They also started singing and dancing to our Psalm 100. Then they started saying “yes, He created us too; there is nothing living on earth that He did not made”.

Suddenly a bigger and fiercer coyote appeared. He just stood there looking at us singing and dancing. Lots more coyotes had now entered the house and they also just stood gazing at us. By this time we were now singing another psalm (unfortunately I can’t remember which one). The bigger, fiercer coyote turned around and walked out of the house and one by one all the others followed him, including the ones that had turned like men and were dancing with us.

After they had all left I heard the same voice again saying unto me “Sing and praise without ceasing. Go and tell your neighbours to sing psalms of praise. For the enemy have come to kill and destroy your homes and families but if you praise God he will not prevail and nothing shall by any means hurt you”.

My family and our home was left unhurt. But I could still hear the coyotes howling and neighbours screaming. I turned to my brother and said “we have to go and tell them, we have to go and save them”.
So therefore now I’m telling you, and all who would listen. Just as the Lord told Moses in Numbers 10 to make two trumpets and blow in days of war, gladness and in solemn days. Blowing your trumpets is the same as singing psalms of praise. Coming before God with praise, worship, thanksgiving, prayers and supplications.

After waking up from that dream I got up and wrote this poem:


Psalms of Praise

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord
And let everything that has breath
Praise His holy name
for it is He that hath made us
And if we cease to;
The very rocks shall rise and praise Him

Bless the Lord
O ye souls
With all that is within you
Bless His holy name

For He is merciful and gracious
Slow to anger, full of mercy
Bless the Lord
Ye His angels
For you have excel in strength

O give thanks unto the Lord
Call upon his name
Sing unto Him
Sing unto Him psalms of praise
Let the whole world know
Of all His wondrous works

Glorify, testify of His holy name
That the heart of those may rejoice
Those, which seek the Lord
Remember now His marvellous works
All the wonders He has done
He’s healed the sick, he’s raised the dead
He has given us His only son

Give thanks unto the Lord
For He is good
And His mercy endures for ever
 Let the whole world now say
That His mercy endures for ever

Sing psalms of praise unto the Lord
All ye nations, all ye countries, all ye lands
For His merciful kindness is great towards you
O give thanks unto the God of gods
For his mercy endures for ever

Praise ye the lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment